- Graduate Fields of Study within the Department of History.
- Constellations in History, inquiry that builds upon thematic questions that we all ask as we study the past.
- Graduate Student Directory contact information.
- Graduate Student Advisory Committee (GSAC)
- Our faculty discuss their teaching and research (videos)
- Graduate School website (including Handbook)
- Course Information Page for the Department of History.
- Department Committee list and officers
- Graduate Curriculum [pdf]
- Policy for those taking the Graduate Candidacy Exam [pdf], before advancement for the Ph.D. degree.
- Making History (Department Newsletter)
- Extramural Funding Opportunities
- History Resources Guide from OSU Libraries
- OSU Library website and search
- Library of Congress Catalog of the Library of Congress collections
- Manuscript Collections catalog from the National Union
- Photographs from the collection of German Emperor Wilhelm II (Photo Database of Huis Doorn)
- Chronicle of Higher Education, job search website.
- HigherEdJobs.com for positions in higher education
- AHA Job Listing ( AHA members only)
- Online Teaching Tools
Class rosters, submitting grades, classroom services, deadlines and schedules, syllabus information and many other helpful tools
- GTA Instructor Responsibilities
- In addition to the Foreign Area Language Study (FLAS) Fellowship, OSU Office of International Education (multiple fellowships such as the Phyllis Krumm Award), and the Graduate School Presidential Fellowship, there are departmental resources as well as other available funding opportunities:
- Office Training & Tutorials from microsoft
- Backing up your OSU Webmail Address Book using vCard.
- Office of Distance Education Resource Center (Support for Carmen, CarmenConnect, CarmenWiki, Classroom Support, Digital Books, iPad, iTunesU, Mediasite, Research in View, Secured Media Library, U.OSU, Top Hat, Accessibility, and Canvas)
- Buckeye Secure (information on safe computing)
- Access Your Network Files from off-campus locations
- Carmen Courses
- Support Desk Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- Change OSU Password Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- How to Configure OSU Wireless Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- Technology Services of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Sign Up for an ASC Account, contact information and online form
- Report a Computer Service Problem to ASC Tech, OSU log-in required
- softwaretogo (free software for OSU community)
- OSU Webmail - email services for students, faculty and staff
- Digital Union, for help with all forms of digital content.
Other Helpful Links
- Find Other History Departments, online search
- American Historical Association, the largest professional organization in the United States devoted to the study and promotion of history and historical thinking.
- Ohio History Connection, the historical society for the state of Ohio.
- H-Net Discussion Lists, an international interdisciplinary organization of scholars and teachers dedicated to developing the enormous educational potential of the Internet and the World Wide Web
- Currency Conversions at The World's Trusted Currency Authority
- Domestic Per Diem Rates as given by the United States General Services Administration
- Foreign Per Diem Rates as given by the United States Department of State.
Director of Graduate Admissions
Professor Alison Beach
Graduate Studies Chair (2019-2020)
Professor Kristina Sessa
Graduate Placement Officer
Professor Clayton Howard
Graduate Studies Coordinator