Areas of Expertise
- Major Field: Early American History
- Minor Fields: Early Modern European& Modern American History
- Constellation Affiliation: Power, Culture, and the State
- M.A. in Social Sciences, University of Chicago, 2014
- B.A. in History, Claremont McKenna College, 2013
Sydney Miller is a doctoral candidate in Early American History. Her research focuses on the political, social, and cultural history of Virginia in the Early Republic and Antebellum. She is currently working on her dissertation, "Politics, Gender, and the Crisis of the Virginia Gentry: 1815-1841," which examines the intersection of republicanism, gendered relationships, and gentry culture in Tidewater and Piedmont Virginia.
Advisor: John Brooke