Ohio State nav bar

Grade Grievances and Other Academic Complaints

male college student looking at laptop

Students with complaints about courses, grades, and related matters should first bring the matter to the instructor. If the student and the instructor cannot arrive at a mutually agreeable settlement, the student may take the complaint to the vice chair of the department, who will investigate the matter fully and attempt to resolve it. If the vice chair is involved, the student should contact the department chair, Scott Levi (Levi.18@osu.edu). The student may appeal further to the College of Arts and Sciences. Any student with a grievance may seek advice from the department’s grievance resource officer. For additional information see the Office of Undergraduate Education and the Office of Student Life: Student Advocacy Center.