All of our course information has been gathered on this page for easy reference.
Browse our complete course list or read more about our Fields of Study and Constellations.
Printed copies of the Department Coursebook are available in the lobby of the History Department in 106 Dulles Hall.
- History 2001: Launching America (online)
- History 2550: History of War (online)
- History 2752: Social Reform Movements in U.S. History (online)
- History 3010: Colonial North American to 1763 (online)
- History 3011: The American Revolution and the New Nation (online)
- History 2302: History of Modern Africa, 1800 - 1960s (in-class)
- History 3302: Nationalism, Socialism, and Revolution in Africa (in-class)
The Department maintains sample and current syllabi for most of our curriculum. Please contact the instructor for current offerings or the History Front Desk at 614-292-2674.
Study Tour and History Minor
Integrated Semester – Study Tour and History Minor at The Ohio State University
Combined BA/MA degree in History with a specialization in Public History
This combined degree will give students a head start in their careers in public history. Many such jobs require an MA degree and the combination of academic training and field experience will make students more competitive for those jobs.
BA/MA Program in History/East Asian Studies
The Department of History and the Interdisciplinary M.A. Program in East Asian Studies offer a combined B.A./M.A. program for students who want to advance their ability to engage East Asian cultures and societies as rapidly as possible in preparation for careers in government, business, education or work in Ph.D. programs.